Resolution Revolution or One Time Experiment?

Our company and health insurance provider are starting another “healthy” program at work this month. I don’t blame them for encouraging us to be healthier but I think some people may have plateaued on their interest in following programs or participating in contests.

The new plan is called Resolution Revolution (because all programs have to have a catchy title). I think it’s supposed to help you create some new, good, habits.

The gist of the idea is to accumulate 100 points in a month with a possible 4 points a day. You get a daily point for each of the following:

  • Eating at least five servings of fruits and vegetables
  • Exercising at least 15 minutes
  • Getting at least seven hours of sleep
  • Taking at least 10 minutes for relaxation
I think most of our team is actually going to participate but the consensus was that there was one point that was going to be really difficult to get. Surprisingly, not the exercise even though more than a few of use are pretty sedentary. No, it was the sleep point.

It seems that most of us are not getting enough shut-eye. I know I don’t because I’m a night owl who also wakes up at 5:30 regardless of when I went to bed (unless I go to bed at 2 AM). One guy has a really long commute so he gets up at 4:30 AM. Others either work out in the morning or come in to work early so any late night is killer for them. Oh, well. We’ll try.

Apparently, if we get 100 points we’ll have worked ourselves into permanent habits. I think I could work out every day for a month and quit the next day without any problems at all so we’ll see how it goes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020