Screw High Heels

I went on a retail therapy binge last Friday. It was awesome! I made whirlwind trips to Dress Barn, Lane Bryant and BevMo! and picked up clothes, jewelry and wine. Three of my favorite things. Man, I felt better afterwards.

One of my purchases was a dark denim skirt and I decided to wear it to work yesterday since we had our managers group meeting that I facilitate. I try to dress a little nicer for those. It was damn cold out so I also wore tights and decided at the last minute to wear some dress shoes.

The heels were a mistake.

They were only 2 1/2 inches but by lunchtime, the balls of my feet were killing me and I had a knot in my left calf. I took them off at every chance and stretched and flexed my legs and feet but by the end of the day, I couldn't wait to get back to flats. I was surprised because I've worn these heels many times without the pain induced side effects.

At some point in the afternoon, I noticed that the trim was coming off my left shoe. I checked it out and it didn't look fixable so as soon as I got home, the shoes went into the trash. Considering that I owned them for years, I feel like I got my money out of them.

I have to admit, tossing them in to the bin was very satisfying and I was happy to put on my Sketchers today.

There's still a knot in my calf so I got that going for me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020