Rocky Point Weekend

What a great trip to Mexico we had. It was so relaxing and I have only two regrets. One, that we didn't stay an extra day because it took until Saturday for me to unwind from work and we had to leave on Sunday. The other was that John and Nancy had to cancel. Norene and I had looked forward to having our own troubadour with us and Nancy is great to be around. Our line for the weekend was, "You know what we're missing? A guy with a guitar."
Everyone was actually early (how amazing is that!) so we were on the road in no time. Our first out of town stop was a convenience store in Why, AZ. I happened to glance in the cooler by the cashier and found the delights of Boone's Farm so I had to point it out to Norene. She and Dori bought two bottles, one Mango flavored and the other "Blue" flavored.

Our condo wasn't ready until 4 PM, so we had lunch at Senor Amigos then headed over to JJ's Cantina on Cholla Bay. I have no idea what Tkay was saying in this picture but alcohol was involved. What didn't get captured on film is that I actually made and served dinner with Dori on Friday night. That is so out of normal behavior for The Princess, it's too bad there isn't digital proof as some folks probably won't believe it.

Dori found us a kick-ass condo in Las Conchas. It had four bedrooms and four baths. Two of the bedrooms had king-size beds and the other two had sets of bunk beds (two single sets and two doubles). It was also only one row of houses away from the beach. The above pic is the view from our patio.


These are pics of my bathroom. It was nice to have my own space with a double sink that let me spread all of my crap out on it. Not that I had that much crap. Mexico trips are makeup free, hair in a pony tail kind of thing for me for the most part.

Our living room where we spent zero time since we were out on the patio. The weather was perfect. Not too hot or cold, not humid at all and there was a light breeze most of the time. There was no reason to stay inside at all.

We drove by the new Mickey's. Back in the day, we used to go to Mickey's in Nogales and get toasted on tequila punch. Apparently, Mickey decided to stop paying his taxes and just upped and moved the store one day to Rocky Point.

I couldn't believe all of the new development going on down there. There are a gazillion condos and luxury hotels going up all over the place. It's not the sleepy little town that it used to be.
We're already talking about another trip but staying four days and three nights so we can really unwind and relax. Good friends, good weather, good weekend - life doesn't get much better than that!

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020