Too Good To Last

I left town on Friday afternoon and didn't get back until Tuesday. While I didn't make Steven stay with George, I did ask him to drop by, feed and water her, and play with her a bit. I'm not sure how much time he spent at my house but it was long enough to eat some food and drink my soda. I know because there was an empty soda can in the living room and a dirty plate in the sink (not in the empty dishwasher because that would clearly be asking too much).

George was so happy to see me when I got home. She told me all about, well, something because she had a lot of mewing to do. She also glued herself to my side.

When I went to the bathroom, she rushed in there first so I couldn't lock her out. While I was sitting on the couch, she was sitting next to me with her head on my leg. There were several interruptions in my newspaper catch-up as she forced herself on to my lap for some lovings every 10 minutes. When I went to bed, she curled up next to me and stayed there most of the night. The next morning, I was greeted with purrs, a sandpaper face wash and requests for pets.

Pretty much, I had a sweet, loving shadow.

It didn't last long.

I got home from work last night and George was in full demon kitty mode. She attacked my hand while I was sitting on the couch - the new gouge is quite impressive. She clawed at my legs – thankfully, I had jeans on. And, when I finally went to bed, she literally ran over me several times. This morning, the demand to wake up was less purrs and more "if you don't pay attention to me, I'm knocking everything off your nightstand".

So, pretty much back to normal.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020