Book Review - The Reapers

The Reapers (Charlie Parker, #7) The Reapers by John Connolly


My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Boy, I feel dumb. I saw this on the shelf at the library and picked it up because I really liked Connolly's The Book of Lost Things. As I was reading this one, I felt early on like I was missing at least one book before this.

Duh!

This is from the Charlie Parker series which I've never read but certainly have heard about.

The Reapers worked as a stand alone, however. Parker is a side character only referred to as The Detective. The main characters are Angel and Louis and Willie. Angel and Louis are partners in life and in shenanigans. Louis is a former killer for hire, a Reaper. Willie is the owner of a garage that Louis loaned him money enough to keep the garage going.

Angel and Louis go on a kill mission but only because it's a kill or be killed situation. When they drop off the radar, Willie, The Detective and others go after them. There was plenty of violence and the final dead count is pretty high but I liked the characters more than the action.

Guess I need to go back to book one of the series and get caught up.

View all my reviews >>

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020