Book Review - Blockade Billy

Blockade BillyBlockade Billy by Stephen King

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I haven't read Stephen King since, gosh, a long, long time ago. I thought this book would be a good chance to revisit his work since it's short (no reading 600 pages to find the story fully explained in the last 20 with an explanation out of nowhere which is why I stopped reading him) and about baseball which I love.

This was a nice, quick read (very nice since I'm behind in my pace to hit 144 books this year) set up as a narration to King from an old baseball coach about a star player that came out of nowhere in the 1957 season. He seems like a boom to the team but signs point to something dark in his nature that ultimately prove true.



View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020