144 Books in 2010 Update - Goal Achieved!

Happy Christmas to me!

My year long goal from a group on Goodreads.com has been met. I honestly thought it would be a challenge to read 144 books in one year but that I wouldn't sweat it too much. I was right and wrong. It was a big challenge and I wouldn't have met it if I hadn't done some seriously intense days of cramming when I got behind the 12 book a month pace.

There are 781 members in the group. I don't know how many have met their goal but it looks like a wide range of level of completion. Some people hit 144 in the first few months of the year, others are at less than 50 right now with less than a week to go.

Am I happy I did this? You bet. Not only do I feel like I accomplished something worthwhile, I discovered and enjoyed a lot of authors and series.

Sure, I read a lot of my favorite genre of vampires, werewolves, witches and other magical creatures. However, I would rank Harlan Coben as my favorite author for the year. I ripped through his Myron Bolitar books in no time at all. Lee Goldberg's Mr. Monk books were just what I needed to fill the gap left by the end of the series. Not only did I read most of Kathy Reich's Temperance Brennan (Bones) books, I got to meet her this year as well. That was cool. And, Michael Pollan changed my life and the way I look at food and the food industry.

Will I do this again in 2011? No way. While I imagine I'll read more than the average bear (assuming bears read), I've got other things on tap to consume my free time next year.

Here's the whole list:

1. Real Vampires Have Curves - Gerry Bartlett
2. The Charlemagne Pursuit - Steve Berry
3. Deja Dead - Kathy Reichs
4. Daddy Needs a Drink - Robert Wilder
5. Deal Breaker - Harlan Coben
6. Death Du Jour - Kathy Reichs
7. Not Everyone Gets a Trophy - Bruce Tulgan
8. Set This House in Order - Matt Ruff
9. Deadly Decisions - Kathy Reichs
10. And Another Thing - Eoin Colfer
11. Drop Shot - Harlan Coben
12. Fade Away - Harlan Coben
13. Back Spin - Harlan Coben
14. One False Move - Harlan Coben
15. The Final Detail - Harlan Coben
16. I, Alex Cross - James Patterson
17. Because I Said So - Kate Moses
18. The Golden City - John Twelve Hawks
19. Red Hot Lies - Laura Coldwell
20. The Nasty Bits - Anthony Bourdain
21. Dear American Airlines - Jonathan Miles
22. Darkest Fear - Harlan Coben
23. Promise Me - Harlan Coben
24. In Defense of Food - Michael Pollen
25. Black Magic Sanction - Kim Harrison
26. Mr. Monk in Trouble - Lee Goldberg
27. Just One Look - Harlan Coben
28. The Woods - Harlan Coben
29. The Interrogative Mood - Padgett Powell
30. The Paris Vendetta - Steve Berry
31. Mr. Monk in Outer Space - Lee Goldberg
32. Mr. Monk and the Dirty Cop - Lee Goldberg
33. Mr. Monk is Miserable - Lee Goldberg
34. Grave Secret - Charlaine Harris
35. The Lost Books of the Odyssey - Zachary Mason
36. The Burning Land - Bernard Cornwell
37. Night Pleasures - Sherrilyn Kenyon
38. The Reapers - John Connolly
39. The Spellmans Strike Again - Lisa Lutz
40. Tell No One - Harlan Coben
41. Kitty Goes to Washington - Carrie Vaughn
42. Kitty Takes a Holiday - Carrie Vaughn
43. Kitty and the Silver Bullet - Carrie Vaughn
44. The Hound of the Baskervilles - Arthur Conan Doyle
45. Chelsea, Chelsea, Bang, Bang - Chelsea Handler
46. Changes - Jim Butcher
47. Caught - Harlan Coben
48. The Omnivore's Dilemma - Michael Pollan
49. A Girl's Guide to Vampires - Katie MacAlister
50. You Slay Me - Katie MacAlister
51. Welcome to Temptation - Jennifer Crusie
52. Nine Dragons - Michael Connelly
53. Fatal Voyage - Kathy Reichs
54. Fire Me Up - Katie MacAlister
55. Heat Wave - Richard Castle
56. Await Your Reply - Dan Chaon
57. Dead in the Family - Charlaine Harris
58. Play Dead - Anne Frasier
59. Psych: A Mind is a Terrible Thing to Read - William Rabkin
60. The Messenger - Jan Burke
61. Undateable - Ellen Rakieten
62. Men of the Otherworld - Kelley Armstrong
63. First Contact - Evan Mandery
64. Immortal - Christopher Golden
65. Grave Secrets - Kathy Reichs
66. The Bean Trees - Barbara Kingsolver
67. Bare Bones - Kathy Reichs
68. After The Workshop - John McNally
69. What Was I Thinking? - Barbara Davilman
70. Stephen Fry in America - Stephen Fry
71. Things My Girlfriend and I Have Argued About - Mil Millington
72. Beatrice and Virgil - Yann Martel
73. The Magicians - Lev Grossman
74. The Alchemist - Paul Coelho
75. Rain Fall - Barry Eisler
76. Undercurrents - Ridley Pearson
77. Hard Rain - Barry Eisler
78. Food Rules - Michael Pollan
79. Naming Nature - Carol K. Yoon
80. Jane Bites Back - Michael Thomas Ford
81. The Accidental Werewolf - Dakota Cassidy
82. This Year I Will... - M. J. Ryan
83. The Facebook Effect - David Kirkpatrick
84. This is Just Exactly Like You - Drew Perry
85. Tea Time for the Traditionally Built - Alexander McCall Smith
86. The Help - Kathryn Stockett
87. Sizzling Sixteen - Janet Evanovich
88. Real Murders - Charlaine Harris
89. A Bone to Pick - Charlaine Harris
90. Three Bedrooms, One Corpse - Charlaine Harris
91. The Julius House - Charlaine Harris
92. Dead Over Heels - Charlaine Harris
93. A Fool and His Honey - Charlaine Harris
94. Last Scene Alive - Charlaine Harris
95. Poppy Done to Death - Charlaine Harris
96. Insatiable - Meg Cabot
97. Killing Floor - Lee Child
98. Mr Monk is Cleaned Out - Lee Goldberg
99. Tell-All - Chuck Palahniuk
100. The Year of the Flood - Margaret Atwood
101. Waking the Witch - Kelley Armstrong
102. The Ghosts of Belfast - Stuart Neville
103. Other People's Rejection Letters - Bill Shapiro
104. Brains: A Zombie Memoir - Robin Becker
105. Nothing Happened and Then It Did - Jake Silverstein
106. Sports From Hell - Rick Reilly
107. Super Sad True Love Story - Gary Shteyngart
108. Undead and Unwelcome - Mary Janice Davidson
109. Undead and Unfinished - Mary Janice Davidson
110. Full Moon Rising - Keri Arthur
111. Frostbitten - Kelley Armstrong
112. Bearers of the Black Staff - Terry Brooks
113. The Summoning - Kelley Armstrong
114. The Atlantis Code - Charles Brokaw
115. The Atlantis Complex - Eoin Colfer
116. Kitty and the Dead Man's Hand - Carrie Vaughn
117. The Good Son - Russel D. McLean
118. The Reckoning - Kelley Armstrong
119. Supreme Justice - Phillip Margolin
120. I'm With Fatty - Edward Ugel
121. Blockade Bully - Stephen King
122. How We Decide - Jonah Lehrer
123. The Double Safari Comfort Club - Alexander McCall Smith
124. Let My People Go Surfing - Yvon Chouinard
125. Light My Fire - Katie MacAlister
126. Fly Away Home - Jennifer Weiner
127. Super: A Novel - Jim Lehrer
128. Holy Smokes - Katie MacAlister
129. Monday Mourning - Kathy Reichs
130. Cross Bones - Kathy Reichs
131. Eiger Dreams - John Krakauer
132. The Philosopher's Dog - Raimond Gaita
133. How to Live Safely in a Science Fiction Universe - Charles Yu
134. Even Vampires Get the Blues - Katie MacAlister
135. The Prostitute's Ball - Stephen J. Cannell
136. Break No Bones - Kathy Reichs
137. Bones to Ashes - Kathy Reichs
138. Devil Bones - Kathy Reichs
139. Squirrel Seeks Chipmunk - David Sedaris
140. Liar, Liar - K.J. Larsen
141. Discord's Apple - Carrie Vaughn
142. Wicked Appetite - Janet Evanovich
143. The Reversal - Michael Connelly
144. Role Models - John Waters

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020