Only Myself To Blame

The Rocket Scientist and I were at the bar (I know, shocker) a while back when I said to him, "You know what I want?"

OK, I think he was truly afraid to ask so I don't think I even let him but just continued.

"I want to go somewhere for a weekend where there's nothing on the agenda. No Parrot Head events, not parties we have to go to. Just somewhere where we can go with the flow and do whatever. I'm thinking maybe Vegas."

Being the good sport that he is, and having some vacation time to take, he considered it. Although he won't play blackjack in Vegas for hours on end like I will (because he was the worst blackjack mojo I've ever seen) he is willing to go play some poker. I can get behind that idea.

There's just one little problem.

Despite saying (more than once) that I'm not going to over-schedule myself in 2011, I've already started doing so. And, I'm not even going to be President of the Arizona Parrot Head Club so I can't really blame that. The only weekend in January where I don't have something on the calendar is, oh wait, there are no weekends where I don't have something. Granted, two events are tentative at this point but they'll probably be locked in soon.

What does it say that I have to block out my "fun, no plan" weekend over a month in advance just to be sure I can take it?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020