Fantasy Football Update - Week 13

Holy crap, I somehow lucked out in the club league and made the playoffs!

I thought I was a goner even if I won (which I did) but I ended up the 5th seed (6 teams made the playoffs) and I am playing against The Rocket Scientist this week. That could have engendered a fun bet but he's already in the "I don't care what happens because I don't have that much invested" mode. Sigh. I didn't even try to make a bet because he doesn't understand...

It's about the winning!

OK, he doesn't get it but I do. Chalk it up to another one of our differences in temperament.

Steven didn't make the playoffs which makes me a bit sad but I think him not making it allowed me to do so. Oh well, better me than you, son. I'm sure you'll get over it with a good therapist's help somewhere down the road.

I ended up third in my work league for the regular season. Only four teams make the playoffs and I'm guaranteed to get at least $70 (from a buy-in of $100). The first place owner gets to pick whom to play against this week so I don't know whom my opponent will be yet. I'm happy to not be in the first place dude's position because your fate seems to be in your hands since you get to choose your opponent but the football gods are cruel and could totally screw you. It seems better to just deal with what fate gives you.

My Pick 'Em strategy killed me this week (thanks, Colts, for totally screwing it up) but I'm still in first place in the club group but I dropped to fourth in the work group. I really need a good week next week to make up some ground in the latter because we're only paying out the top three and I'm down by 10.

An even bigger rub in the work Pick 'Em is that the dude who just passed me for the money spot is the same one who finished in first place in the Fantasy League.

Oh, the pressure of this week. I hope it works out in my favor...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020