Fantasy Football Update - Playoffs Week 1

There’s good news and bad news...

The good news is that I won my playoff game in the club league so I’m on to the final four. I wish I hadn’t needed to take The Rocket Scientist out to do so but, them’s the breaks. I actually left a lot of points on my bench but my inspired starting of Tim Hightower carried the day. That and the crappy performance of Carson Palmer for TRS.

Next game is against The Jello Shot Prince. That’s not going to be easy. He scored the most points all season (by far) and, this year, had the best record as well. He scored the most points last season, too, but had the worst luck of running into hot opponents and didn’t even make the playoffs.

The bad news is that I got absolutely annihilated in my work league. I knew I was in deep trouble when Chris Johnson scored 26 against me on Thursday night. I knew it was nearly hopeless when Aaron Rodgers went out with a concussion but I didn’t think it would be a 144-67 massacre. Ouch. I had a few injuries on my team besides Rodgers that make winning even one more game for third place look doubtful. Fortunately, we pay out to fourth but it’s not enough to cover my buy-in though I won’t say no to it.

Better news in Pick ‘Em. I thought I did crappy but I guess we all did as I had the highest score in the club game and increased my first place lead to 11 points. That can be lost in one bad pick so I’m not claiming any victories there yet. I also made up a little ground in the work game and am now 1 point out of third place which is the lowest money spot.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020