Bad Timing

I came home to a blinking message light on my answering machine. I usually ignore those for a while because everyone I want to talk to has my cell phone number. Something made me say, what the hell, go check it.

Good thing.

It was from Wells Fargo reporting that my Visa was suspected as being compromised. I called back and, sure enough, there was a small charge that wasn't mine and a much larger charge to some company that I never heard of attempted. The latter was somehow rejected but it was over $300.

So, now I get to report a new card number to everyone who has it stored for payment purposes. And, I can't do that for 7 to 10 days because that's how long it will take my new card to arrive. They could have expedited it but I would have to be home during business hours to sign for it. Not possible since I have someone on vacation starting tomorrow through next week so I have to cover the Help Desk.

Right before Christmas...ugh. I'm trying to do a cash Christmas but I don't like using my debit card online so I guess I'll be shopping close to home.

Mean, stealing bastards. And, dumb merchant who let my card info get hacked. Coals in their stockings, I say!

Comments

julie said…
Careful what info you publish about not being home. You never know who's reading someones blog.
Cheesehead said…
I think it's no secret that I work a day job.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020