Book Review - City of Glass

City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments, #3)City of Glass by Cassandra Clare
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This read like the end of a trilogy but with a small opening for more (which there are). However, I may be satisfied with just the first three.

Clary, Jace and crew travel to the City of Glass, home of the Shadowhunters, to face questioning of what's transpired so far. The action heats up as Valentine enacts his evil plan and there's a big showdown. You're left until nearly the end as to who's side everyone is going to be on and what's going to happen. Needless to say, young Clary is in the middle of all of the action.

Again, Cassandra Clare doesn't steer away from serious issues and she showed she's not unwilling to let some of her characters die.

A reason why I may stop at this book is that I saw the major plot twists coming from nearly the beginning of the book. There are plenty of clues and, frankly, issues could have been resolved much earlier if people had just freaking talked to each other. That drives me nuts.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020