I Need A GPS Chip...In My Head!

I was in San Francisco last week for Dreamforce. If you don't know what that is, it's a software conference with a bazillion people with meetings all over the city. Well, all over Union Square.

On the bright side, I did walk more than 10,000 steps each day

I went with Sugar Daddy and as long as I was with him, it was OK as he was familiar with the area. As soon as we separated, I was a mess. I was lost on three different days and more than once on two days.

Ridiculous!

I could get to and from the Moscone buildings OK, well mostly OK. I could get to the Marriott. But, I couldn't get back to Moscone from the Marriott. I also ended up at the Westin on St. Francis instead of the Market one. Then, I still almost missed the Market one because their damn sign is so small.

Oh, and as soon as it was dark out, I was completely toast. The streets were wacky, my phone couldn't find my location very well because phone service in San Francisco flat out sucks and I can't follow a map.

The last night, my cabdriver got an apparently urgent call, pulled to the side of the road and said, "Can I let you out here?" I suspect it was just around the corner from the hotel but I'm not sure because I wandered for 20 minutes in every direction before I got there. To be fair, Rum and Diet may have been an influence.

I would seriously need a driver if I lived there. Not only to find my destination but to also do the actual driving. I'm not sure how many times I said, "Baby Jesus!" in my various cab rides but I know I would be reduced to a sobbing mess if I tried to maneuver a car through that traffic.

Yay for Phoenix and it's beautiful streets that go North, South, East and West. Long live the grid!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020