This Is New

Long time readers of my blog and long time friends know that I'm a scaredy cat. It takes very little, sometimes nothing at all, to make my paranoia kick in. I just need to hear one small sound out of the ordinary, see a disturbing shadow or freak myself out wondering if, after I've gone to bed, if I've bolted the front door.

I'm always sure there's an axe murderer just waiting to get into my house so he can chop me into little pieces and serve me up with fava beans...yes, I have issues.

So, the other morning I'm getting ready for work when I hear something. It sounds like it's coming from the roof and it's a clatter. I listened further. Actually, it was more like clicking. Upon further review, I decided it was much like like someone throwing rocks...on to my skylight!

I was puzzled and worried. Who would be throwing rocks on my roof and why? Was someone on my roof trying to get in through the skylight? Or, were they just messing with it?

I had only been minutes away from leaving for work so I headed out the door (thank goodness it was daylight or I would have had to stay inside). As I walked to my car, I gandered at the roof.

Nope, no one up there at all. Could it have been kids from the apartment complex tossing stuff? I didn't see anyone in the vicinity.

The next morning, I heard the same sound. Now, I was thinking maybe it was my HVAC or water heater or pipe rattling or God knows what that could cost me money to fix. I go from imminent personal danger fears to checkbook depleting ones rather quickly.

This time, I stood under the skylight and looked directly up. That's where I saw the needed clue. There was an outline of big pigeon feet clear as day. Then it shuffled around. I could follow the outline and hear the rattle on the skylight.

Damn bird's been doing its morning aerobics on my skylight.

At least someone's exercising around here...

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020