I Went to Lacrosse and a Hockey Game Broke Out!

Friday night's Arizona Sting game was awesome!

My guy Dan Dawson started the action with two goals (and ended up with 5 assists on top of that). There's no doubt that he's a scoring stud. Even the merchandise for sale backs it up. They had these pink tees that said "I 'heart' Daws" for sale and I sooooo wanted one. However, they were only available in Junior sizes. Junior sizes? That might fit one of my thighs...on a skinny day. I checked online and I can get a replica jersey with his name and number on it for $154. I've decided to save all of my poker winnings until I have enough to get one. Hopefully, I can clear that much in my next few tourneys (though I probably just jinxed myself by even thinking that I'll win).

Carol's picked our goalie, Bob Blasdell, to be her player. He was on fire! So much so that he tied a National Lacrosse League record for fewest goals allowed in a game. He shut out Portland in the first half and allowed only 4 goals overall.

These games are really fun. They play great music (mostly from the 80s and 90s) and the announcer is a hoot. At one point, one of their guys was sprawled out and he said, "Clean up on aisle 5". Hmm, it doesn't sound quite as funny when you type it out but, trust me, it was a hoot at the time.

We did indeed have a hockey game break out. Our 27 (Peter Lough) and Portland's 10 (Scott Stapleford) got into a bit of fisticuffs. Stapleford's helmet came off and Lough just started repeatedly punching him in the head. I'm a lover, not a fighter, so I don't really approve (thought I threaten to punch people in the head a lot - go figure). But, when the announcer said, "Sting penalty, number 27 for kicking number 10's butt!" I had to laugh and applaud.

Final score: Arizona Sting 11, Portland LumberJax 4.

Final score for Saturday's game: Arizona Sting 12, Portland LumberJax 9.

Maybe if Portland would learn how to spell Lumberjacks, they would do better.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020