I'm Not Dead Yet!

I haven't left the planet - it's just that, in true Kathy fashion, I've scheduled myself nearly to death lately. Here's my schedule from last Friday forward...

Friday - Work, work, work then an Arizona Sting game. The Sting are a professional lacrosse team that play at Glendale Arena...er, I mean Jobing.com Arena. Moose and Carol had gone to a couple of games, talked it up a bit and this year 7 of us bought season tickets. It was only $81 for 10 games so I figured if I missed a game here or there, it would be no biggie.

It was fun! I had no idea about rules except that I figured they'd be the same as hockey. That was only partially true. There's no icing but there is high sticking. There's an illegal stick penalty but also a shot clock. The Sting came up short but, pending checking out their pictures, I did pick a favorite player. Dan Dawson appears to be the team scoring stud so he's my guy for the moment.

Saturday - Cleaning day. I had so many layers of crap on my dining room table it was pathetic. Between Christmas cards and gifts, personal mail, club notes and miscellaneous crap it was just sad. I worked for an hour and it made no noticeable difference. Two hours later, though, I had a cleaned off table and an organized pile of stuff on the kitchen counter. That's about all I can ever hope for. I also managed to get rid of the huge weed that had taken over my back yard.

A bunch of us went to an early dinner for Doug's birthday and then I talked the Babes into checking out a nearby drinking establishment for a potential club gathering.

Sunday - Errand day. I went to the grocery store, library, club PO box and (I hope Gary and Tkay are sitting down when they read this) I got my oil changed in my car. The guy at Jiffy Lube noticed my NASCAR car accessories and told me that his wife had entered an online contest for NASCAR/Reese's and won a new Chevy Avalanche. He was pretty impressed that I knew that Kevin Harvick drove the Reese's car. That's a pretty cool prize.

Monday - Mike Finnegan and I joined some other friends at the Queen and Goat's house to watch the BCS game. Woody, Alexis, Mike and Tom were going for Florida. Vicky was in between and the Goat, Queen and I were Ohio State all the way. OMG, could Ohio State have played any worse? It was just pathetic. At least we had a nice evening with friends.

Tuesday - A day of rest. I fell asleep on my couch at 8:30 watching poker.

Wednesday - Marathon meeting. Sonja and I had a meeting for the upcoming PF Chang's Rock N Roll Marathon. Our club is volunteering at a water station and we had to get the last minute details, pick up the volunteer t-shirts and goody bags then recheck out the bar as a potential post-race watering hole. We had to make sure they had good beer on tap - hey, it was our duty. A couple of guys started chatting with us and I was all flirty until I saw they both had wedding rings on. At that point, I lost all interest. That was a waste of five minutes of being charming...

Thursday - I had a date tonight. With a boy. OK, a 3 year old boy. I went over to my friends' to watch Cars with my buddy, Devon. He knew every word. Apparently, Grandpa and Grandma have been letting him watch it quite often. I thought it was a cute movie but a tad on the long side. Being the literalist that I am, I couldn't help but point out where they deviated from true racing rules/strategies.

Friday - Retirement day. Not for me, but for Ray Cody. He's retiring from the military and I was hoping to go to the ceremony tomorrow afternoon. I imagine it will be really cool. However, I can't get out of work. We just bought a company and I'm on the integration team. I'm up to my ears in trying to convert customer and order history data. It's messy stuff. I will make it to Ray's party, though.

Saturday - Club and concert day. We have a Board meeting at 2, a club happy hour at 5 then I'm going to a house concert at 7.

Sunday - Marathon day. We need to be at our water station by 7 AM and we'll probably be done around 3 PM. Then it will be off to the bar for beers and some food. They give away prizes for "Most Spirited" water stations. We've won First place every year so far. The prize money goes to the charity of the winner's choice and this year they've upped it to $2,500. That would be frakking awesome to win! As with lots of events that we're involved in, other folks have been motivated to step up and challenge us. It becomes harder to win every year but it's great to see everyone do more because it makes it even more fun for the runners.

Monday - Family day. One of my cousins is coming out to run the marathon so she and her husband and my Aunt will be at my parents' for dinner so I'm heading there after work.

Tuesday and forward - God only knows but I'm guessing there won't be a lot of time spent at home...

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020