The Season's REALLY Over Now

The NFL season was mostly over for me when the Packers lost to the Cards. Then, I thought it was fully over when the Cards lost to the Saints. I had no one left to root for - my homeland team and my current home team were both out. What I hadn't counted on was how much I would still root against one particular team...

I had no plans to watch any football today. A simple "What are you doing?" text message that I got while at the library around 5 PM led me to some friends' house for dinner. Of course, they were watching the game.

I couldn't help myself. I got totally involved. Not only did my hatred for He Who Is Dead To Me lead me to root against him, it spilled over to his entire team. If I believed in an Anti-Christ, he would be wearing Purple.

It's crazy. I have more anger for a cry-baby football player than I do for the guy who recently professed his love for me for months then broke up with me with no warning. I'm sure Freud, if he were still alive, would want to study me.

The game became more and more stressful (and I uttered more and more profanities usually reserved for poker) but then I found the secret. If I left the room, bad things happened to the Vikings. Taking a cue from the Dawnie Book of Watching Football, I decided I needed to stay out of the living room until the game was over. I stayed away for the end of the 4th quarter and all of the over time.

Yes, Saints fans, the win was all due to me not watching. You may mail me beads and hurricane mix at your earliest convenience.

Oh, and that Superbowl gaming coming up? I truly don't care one way or the other. It's rather freeing, to be honest.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020