Like They Needed More Encouragement

If you're on Facebook, you've no doubt noticed women making their statuses a color.

Here's a bit on the why.

Here's the text I got via a FB Email:

Some of my girlfriends are doing this, so I'm passing it on to more people. -- Some fun is going on.... just write the color of your bra in your status. Just the color, nothing else. And send this on to ONLY girls no men .... It will be neat to see if this will spread the wings of cancer awareness. It will be fun to see how long it takes before the men will wonder why all the girls have a color in their status...

At the time, I was in my jammies and not wearing one so I didn't update my status nor did I forward the message.

The next morning when I logged into FB, I saw lots of "White", "Blue", "Beige", "Black" statuses from friends all over my social network. Many of them completely unrelated except for the common denominator of knowing me.

This viral process is absolutely amazing!

It didn't take long for the men to start putting colors in their statuses. I think some of them just did it because everyone else was and others because it was funny to think of them wearing bras after they figured it out.

Some of the women started posting the reason behind the color statuses. Once the cat was out of the bag, the women seemed to get more descriptive and the guys increased their comments. I saw, "Is that a front closure?" Boys!

Regardless of the reason for the exercise, I think the net result was that we gave the men on FB a reason to log in more often and a license to openly think about boobs. This is what I envision happening all across the globe:

Dude: Time to log in... Oh, Susie's wearing red lace. Hmmm, let me picture that. Oh, Sally's status says 'None'. Woot! I have to think about that one even more.

Repeat until the virus is extinguished.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020