Travel Reading

I usually take several books with me when I travel. For trips with layovers, I can get through two books before I even reach my destination. It's a great opportunity to catch up on my reading list.

However, I need to be more selective in what I take with me so I don't look like a loon.

On my way to Des Moines last week, I read The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society. Because I'm a total sap, I got choked up twice and literally had tears running down my cheeks. I'm sure the guy next to me was afraid I was going to start blubbering because I was sniffing and trying to secretly wipe away the tears. I don't think I was very successful at the secret part.

On the way home, I read Tina Fey's Bossypants. Instead of having to hide my crying, I was trying to not burst out in guffaws. It was so very funny and I would have literally laughed out loud more than once if I hadn't been controlling myself. I'm sure more than a few chuckles were emitted, though When I'm home, that just startles George out of her nap which is just an added bonus.

I think I should stick to the vampire/werewolf books when I'm on the road. That should keep me from weeping or laughing hysterically.

Though, the weeping and laughing tends to keep people from trying to talk to me. So, maybe that's not so bad after all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020