Three Gratitudes - Day 21

The last in an exercise to feel more happiness. I posted 3 different things for 21 days for which I was grateful. The idea is that continued focus on the positive helps rewire your brain to feel it more often and more naturally.

  1. Joss Whedon's brain. There are a lot of very creative people out there whose work I enjoy but Joss is at the top. I'm grateful to him for his imagination and everyone who supported him along the way so that I could enjoy Buffy, Angel, Firefly, Dollhouse (sorta), The Avengers, Much Ado About Nothing and Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog. The cherry on the ice cream is that his work has led to exposure to many great talents whom I enjoy watching in other shows and movies. One final bonus is that you can check nerd cred pretty easily if you drop his name. Most of us immediately start gushing.
  2. Born in the USA. I started life out ahead of billions of others by sheer accident of birth location. I share this good fortune with folks from many other countries as well. As I read or see the news from other nations affected by famine, cultural and religious wars, outright genocide, dictatorship ruling and extreme poverty, I can't help but be grateful for the stroke of luck that started my life in Milwaukee, WI.
  3. Jimmy Buffett. You knew it was coming. So many things for me have started with this guy. Because I was a fan, I got involved with our local Parrot Head Club. From that, I learned about the national convention in Key West and met some of my best friends for life. Those meetings in turn led to trips across the country and to Belize. I look at the people I spend most of my time with and nearly all of them became part of my life because of the JB connection. All along the journey of Parrot Head life, I've been lucky to meet wonderful people, attend great events and collect a lot of stories. I'll forever be grateful that Buffett's work and life inspired so many of us to get together.
This post was for a few days ago and was mostly composed in my head then. Publishing it was delayed for some travel and then my A/C broke down. I need a full replacement which costs lots of $$$. While stressful, I believe this exercise had put me in a better mental place so that I could deal without freaking out at an unexpected and untimely expense. Not to mention the inconvenience of lacking A/C in Arizona in August. 

For those that missed the inspiration for my mission, here's the original video.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020