Are You Ready For Some Football?

Football season snuck up on me this year. I watched maybe 10 minutes of preseason games and did literally no Fantasy Football League prep except to download NFL.com's Fantasy Cheat Sheet and program in our scoring so it could rank players for me.

But, I made it to through two drafts and remembered to set up the Club's Yahoo Pick 'Em game so I think I'm ready to go.

Well, except that my FFL TV show, The League, moved to a new channel and I didn't get it.

Football life is not worth living without The League!

So, I happened to have gotten a flyer from Cox about prices starting at $99.99 per month for cable, internet and phone. That might not have triggered a call but needing FXX did. Of course, it was a lure. The free HBO portion of it was only if you didn't currently have HBO and it didn't include Hi-Def and DVR.

However, after all was said and done, I was set to save $5 off what I was already paying and that included moving my phone from Century Link so that was another $25 a month savings.

I had to tack on $8.50 for what turns out to be the Sports & Information Pak which includes FXX but also, bonus!, the NFL Network.

Overall, still cheaper than what I was paying so I'm good with it.

Oh, in case you were wondering about my drafts, here are my two rosters.

Club League:

QB Andrew Luck
QB Josh Freeman
RB Doug Martin
RB Maurice Jones-Drew
RB Fred Jackson
RB Marcel Reese
RB Ronnie Brown
WR Hakeem Nicks (I hated making this pick since he's screwed me before)
WR Brandon Marshall
WR Pierre Garcon
WR Lance Moore
WR Brandon LaFell
TE Greg Olsen
K Justin Tucker
Cardinals D

Work League:

QB Aaron Rodgers (I had to. I had the 5th pick and it was him or Brees so I went homer)
QB Josh Freeman
RB Chris Johnson (I hated making this pick since he's screwed me before)
RB Darren McFadden
RB Maurice Jones-Drew
RB Jonathan Franklin
RB Fred Jackson
RB Jacquizz Rodgers
WR Cecil Shorts
WR Brandon Marshal
WR Antonio Brown
WR Steve Johnson
WR Greg Little
WR Mohamed Sanu
TE Jermichael Finley
TE Greg Olsen
K Justin Tucker
Patriots D

It's interesting how you end up with the same players on more than one team. I think it's your subconscious trying to make it easy on you to remember who you have and also a bit of your conscious self selecting liked players.

The cable guy came tonight and I have The League set up as a series recording and also manually set up the first episode's replay. Can't wait to see what depravity and poor taste the season will bring!

That's depravity and poor taste for both the show and FFL.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020