The Gauntlet Has Been Thrown Down...

I was madly studying for my NCAA Tourney picks last night on my end of the couch while Sugar Daddy was watching American Idol on his end. My mutterings ("How far should I take Utah?", "Is Illinois that good?", etc.) were driving him crazy (this is a common series of events at our house, btw). He asked me if it was an online thing and if it cost any money to play. I said yes and no and the challenge was made.

He declared, "I'm going to sign up and I guarantee I will do better than you."

Them's fightin' words!

I sent him the info to sign up but I'm not worried. First, it takes a small amount of effort to put your picks in and he's inherently lazy. This is the man who at work yesterday wanted someone to go downstairs and get him a soda out of the machine because it was too much effort to do himself. So, I'm banking he won't even sign up. Second, he knows pretty much nothing about how the tournament works, who the teams are, hell, he probably couldn't name two school mascots out of the 64. He probably doesn't even know there are 64 teams involved! So, he has no knowledge to base his guesses on. Finally, I just don't think the gods would be so cruel as to let him best me because I will not hear the end of it until I finally break down and smother him in his sleep (a common threat in our house, btw).

Man, it's going to suck if he manages to come out on top...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020