I May Be Getting, Possibly, Remotely, in the Neighborhood of Old

My friend Chris and I agreed to meet at Rosie McCaffrey's (a really cool Irish bar in Central Phoenix) tonight at 6. I headed over and found that parking was only available three blocks away and there was a multitude (like a gazillion) of people streaming towards the bar. The Old (hmmm, let's change that to Previous) Kathy would have thought, "Cool! Lots of people means lots of boys to flirt with." The Current Kathy, however, said "Hell no, that's too many damn people." I was on the phone in less than a minute to Chris and said "I don't think I'm up to this." I just can't deal with loud, crowded places anymore - it just bugs me.

I don't think I'm entirely old, however, because I didn't just give up and go home. We ended up with a new plan and headed to The Monastery and spent a nice evening there. We left at a reasonable time because it is Amateur Night where all of the non-professional drinkers go hog wild, the dumb asses.

Wait a minute, did that last statement make me seem like a cranky old person? Because I'm not, really, I swear!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020