A Slave to Blogs

I have to confess that this blogging thing is taking over my life. I'm spending large chunks of time reading an ever expanding list of blogs, following link to link to link, even randomly perusing blogs by hitting the "NEXT BLOG>>" button in the top right of this screen. I blame Crime Dog for getting me to start this blog and reading others and Sugar Daddy (notice, no link-I told him he needs to start his own blog) for talking me into buying a laptop with wireless so I can sit on the couch and browse the Web.

It's just so compelling. I can't believe how often some people post. How do they manage to keep their jobs, have a relationship, raise a family? Glenn Reynolds is a perfect example of this. There are people who are all about the political like Dr. Rusty Shackleford with his The Jawa Report. Those are some of the famous ones but there are other, smaller blogs done in the same manner. Every once in while, I stumble upon a blog that's so completely personal that I feel like a Peeping Tom while reading it.

Let me tell you about the Texas bloggers. I read through their rolls every day and even have a small literary crush on one of them. They just had a Blogfest which was a weekend filled with meeting each other, blogging, drinking, smoking cigars and shooting guns. Except for that last event, I thought it sounded like a fabulous weekend. I keep thinking, hmmm, how can we do that here in Arizona? Like I need another club/group to get involved in!

Then, there are those blogs that I can count on to reference someone I then have to add to my list of 'must reads'. Wil Wheaton's blog is good for that. Thanks to him, I'm now hooked on Slashdot and Television Without Pity. OK, the latter is a website, not a blog, but I'm still all over it.

The thing that really scares me is that I'm just seeing the tip of the iceberg that is blogging. There's still so much I can learn and discover and I think that's what keeps me glued to this screen day in and day out.

Comments

Crime Dog said…
Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020