I Survived The Weekend...Sorta

It all went according to plan for the most part.

In early to work on Friday and finished up a project I was working on. Four of us 'snuck' out to the ballpark to watch the Angels and Brewers. We weren't incognito for long as we ran into our Purchasing Department there for a "Team Building" event. I have no idea who won the game as we were socializing too much to care. Turned down an offer to go to the topless bar with some of the boys and made a side trip to McDuffy's before hitting Bahama Breeze. Had an hour to kill before my friends got there so I chugged three glasses of water and two diet cokes while nursing a beer. Had a nice dinner and a great Parrot Grande (our club's annual fundraising weekend) planning meeting. It was nice to see a lot of non-BOD members there. Got home around 10 and hit the hay.

5:30 AM alarm on Saturday. Ran into the residue of an accident on the 101 so didn't make it to Phoenix College for the Special Olympics until 8 but I didn't miss anything. Had a nice turnout there, too. We managed to run the Shot Put event and there were no injuries reported so we had that going for us. I'm so happy we got involved with the Special Olympics. It's really rewarding to see those kids and adults trying their hardest and how proud they are of their medals. We had a couple of funny kids who knew how to work the crowd - it was all cool. Left there a little before 11, drove through buckets of rain but made it to Hohokam Park in Mesa in fairly good time. Froze nearly to death in the picnic area. The wind was whipping through so hard it knocked Donna's beer over. Once we got to our 3rd base bleacher seats it was beautiful, though. Took my jacket off and enjoyed some sunshine. Oh yeah, CUBS WIN, CUBS WIN! Headed home to shower and change and admire Sugar Daddy's latest purchase, a new Martin guitar. It's sweet. Then, off to America West Arena for the Suns game. They kicked Portland's butts and we had great seats. Unfortunately, someone behind me spilled a beer all over my jacket so I reeked like a brewery (Sugar Daddy said I always do, btw. Some day I will smother him in his sleep.) . I got on the elevator with three oldsters and I turned to them and said, "Someone spilled a beer on my jacket, it's not me reeking like this." One little old lady said, "That's OK, we were just going to think you were a souse." Nice. Got home around 10 and Sugar Daddy was already crashed due to a tummy bug he got somewhere.

Slept in until 8 on Sunday. Got to the airport at 11:40 to pick up Kelly McGuire (one of the musicians for the House Concert). Delivered him to the venue without incident (except for briefly losing my car in the parking garage but that's pretty much status quo for me). The show was great! Mark Mulligan and Kelly were super and it was good exposure for folks out here who weren't familiar with Kelly's work (he's from Houston). Ended up going back to Bahama Breeze with Mark, his brother John and some cool folks from California that came out for the show. Per usual when I'm with the Mulligans we closed the place down. Got home around 1 AM and crashed.

Here's the sorta part...woke up this morning with Sugar Daddy's tummy bug so called in sick and slept in until 3 this afternoon. Still feel kinda crappy and feverish but I'm sure I'll bounce back by tomorrow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020