Movie Review - The Fantastic Four

I'll do anything to avoid housework...

I love comic books. I have fond memories of reading them when I was a kid, either from my stash or my Uncle's. He had huge piles of Superman and Batman and other DC issues to read. I was more of a Marvel fan, though. X-Men rule.

I'm not so much a fan of comic book movies - they seem to be either great or awful, nothing in between. OK, X-Men still rule but The Hulk? That was crap. Elektra? Daredevil? Bad... Spiderman and Batman? Good.

The Fantastic Four clearly falls into the "bad" category. It just wasn't that exciting, lacked humor for the most part and didn't even have stellar special effects. Jessica Alba, Ioan Gruffudd and Julian McMahon were completely wooden and, while Michael Chiklis and Chris Evans tried to add some color as Ben Grimm and Johnny Storm, the script left them all very one dimensional and dull.

In the hour and 45 minutes that I spent watching it today, I could have dusted, swept, mopped and cleaned the bathroom.

OK, so it was better than cleaning but that's about all I can give it.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020