Parrot Grande - Friday

I pulled into Casa Grande around 10:30 on Friday morning. Wonder of wonders, I was able to check into my room. It was nice to get my stuff unloaded early.


The Goat, Large and in Charge!

I didn't open my first beer until I made it to the registration table where Cheap Bastard and Annette were hard at work. They really took the process to a new level this year with lots of decorations and had it all under control. Tweetie was getting the raffle set up, Carol was working on the silent auction and Julie was setting up the mini-mart. Since they had everything under control, I dropped off the stuff I had brought down then headed out to mingle with the crowd.


The Lovely Annette, hard at work.

My plan was to help where needed as long as I didn't need to put down my beer. It worked for the most part. I spent most of my time running around and socializing...that could only have been expected with the Social Butterfly.


You don't want to know where Kari got that pickle, trust me.

Friday night was the Musician Jam Session. The Jello Shot Prince and I missed the first part of the evening as we were waiting for our dinner. Waiting for an hour and a half. We tell the hotel every year that people are going to descend upon them and they're never quite ready. I'll give them credit, though, in that they didn't run out of Miller Lite so at least they're ahead of The Landmark. We got outside in time to catch most of the show.


72 Beer Mary (who tried to become fifth of Vodka Mary) and her new blow-up friend (who actually belongs to me but that's another story).

Ray Cody, John Milner, Bob Karwin and Stars on the Water were rocking and everyone had a great time. I was trying to get in my boy flirting time but the dang hotel people kept tracking me down. I was actually walking hand in hand with Norm to the outside bar when they literally pulled me away. The nerve.



Bob Karwin rocking away.


Sweetie-Pie John Milner.


Our own Ray Cody.


Jer and Mike of Stars on the Water.

At midnight, we headed off for the "It's Midnight and I Still Can't Putt Contest". I don't think I actually even tried to sink a putt, I was too busy chatting. There were lots of after putting room parties announced but I decided to play it safe and head to bed in anticipation of an early morning of golf.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020