The Cardinals Never Fail to Disappoint

While we were driving down to San Carlos, the subject of the Arizona Cardinals came up. I said, "I really admire the optimism of the Cardinal fans but, when you're in an abusive relationship, eventually you just need to get out of it." Everyone busted up, including Louie who, unbeknownst to me, is a Cards Fan.

Last night, I was talking to Mary O on the phone and she was watching the game. She picked the Bears in her suicide pool this week so she was getting pretty concerned as the Cardinals kept scoring. I'd put a lot of confidence points in our Parrot Head pool on the Bears but I wasn't worried at all.

I've been through too many Cardinal football seasons around here to have any expectations that they'll do well. It seems like they go above and beyond the call of duty...to lose. Last night was no exception. It took a lot of effort to lose that lead but, by God, they managed.

I feel bad for the Cards fans...but, come on people, did you really expect it to be different this year?

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

May 2020

March 2020