Lost

I took what I call a "Disconnect Day" on Sunday. I only checked email once, went to the grocery and made a quick trip to Mervyn's. Other than that, I pretty much sat on the couch in front of the TV and went through the shows on my DVR.

Once I got caught up on all of my current viewing, I still had 19 recordings left. All of them were episodes of Lost.

See, this is what happened. When I moved last year, I had one day without TV and it happened to be Wednesday so I missed an episode of Lost. Sugar Daddy downloaded it for me but it meant I would have to watch it on my laptop. I don't know why, exactly, but I just couldn't make myself do that. However, I did record the rest of the season's episodes (and the beginning of this season) and they've been sitting out there on my DVR ever since.

Sugar Daddy and my friend Andrea have been on me because they can't talk about the show since I'm not caught up. For Sugar Daddy's birthday this month, one of his requested presents was that I watch that one episode. He knew that once I got past the laptop thing, I would want to watch the rest of them.

Anyway, on Sunday, I tried to watch the downloaded episode. After monkeying around with Real Player, I just gave it up as lost (no pun intended) and went to the DVR. Fortunately, the first episode I had on there was a recap so I didn't miss much.

Fast forward two days and I've now watched 14 episodes. (And to think there are people who don't think I'm obsessive compulsive.) Man, I'd forgotten how addictive that show can be. You watch a couple episodes and go, eh, those were OK then you hit a killer one where you absolutely must see the next episode right away!

Anyway, two days of staying up until midnight this week and probably another one (or two) ahead of me tonight means no sleep for me this week. Since I have insomnia anyway, it's no biggie. Plus, I'll have my internal clock set right for Vegas this weekend.

I really need to get a life...

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020