The NASCAR Season Begins

Last night was the Bud Shoot Out, a no points race at Daytona that's the start of the season. To get in it, a driver needs to win a pole in the previous year or be a defending Shoot Out winner.

I'm a little rusty on my race watching. I recorded the race since I was out last night and I forgot to avoid the sports section this morning. Rats! I knew Tony Stewart won before I got to watch it.

Oh well, at least it wasn't a points race.

I'm excited for this season for a lot of reasons. I want to see how Jimmie and his team do defending the championship and the Daytona 500, of course. It will be interesting to see how Toyota does in its first season. And, we'll finally get to see the much talked about Car Of Tomorrow, NASCAR's latest attempt to bring parity and increased safety to the field.

It will also be personally interesting to see how I can fit in another 5 or more hours of TV watching into my schedule. I sense a lot more 1 AM bedtimes in my near future.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020