Phoenix Traffic

If Dante lived in Phoenix today, I'm sure one of the circle of hell would be weekday traffic.

Aye, carumba!

Thursday, I had to head over to Glendale for the Coyotes' game. It's 22 miles from work. I bailed on the 202 after it took me almost 20 minutes to get from 40th to 24th streets.

My next thought was to take McDowell west but that was backed up so I went down to Thomas. I took that all the way out to 95th Ave and it wasn't so bad after I got past 7th Ave. It still took me nearly an hour, though.

Friday night, I had to head back to my old neck of the woods to SE Chandler. The 202 was brutal until the 101 and the 101 looked absolutely miserable so I stayed on the 202 and took Alma School to Ocotillo. It was another nearly hour long trip.

Saturday, I went to the poker tourney in Gilbert and it took me less than 20 minutes.

Sunday, I left my house for the Sting game which was at Glendale arena. I got there in about 25 minutes.

Weekend driving is so sweet!

I don't know how people who do the 7 to 4 or 8 to 5 shifts stand the drive time. I'm lucky that I can get in at 9 and that I work until 6 or 7 every night. At least I'm only on the road for 15-20 minutes each way because the rest of the folks are already home. Ain't no way I can go back to the hour commute that I had when I lived in Chandler.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020