Sting Win But They Made It Scary

The Arizona Sting played Edmonton on Sunday. Edmonton's a cellar dweller but they managed to beat the Sting last weekend so it was payback time. My man, Dan Dawson, started it out right with the first goal and the Sting were off to an early lead.

Too bad.

Once they got a couple of goals ahead, they went into the prevent defense (or whatever the Lacrosse equivalent is) and just looked tentative and completely unaggressive. Wrong move. Edmonton stormed back and took the lead. With only a bit left in the final period, the Sting got a power play and tied it up.

It was my first Sting sudden death overtime and I was worried that their tentative play was going to continue and that Edmonton was going to punish them. I needn't have worried, though. My man, Dan Dawson, scored the game winning goal a few minutes into overtime.

Whew!

He's such a stud...and older than Steven so even though I'm earning the Mrs. Robinson nickname I'm not being totally pervy and wanting someone younger than my kid.

After the game, Woody, Stan and I joined my man, Dan Dawson, and some of the other players at The Yard House for some brewskies. A word of warning, stay away from the Delirium Tremens beer unless you want to get toasted quickly. Strong stuff.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020