Dinner(s) at The Keg

I was recently introduced to a very nice restaurant, The Keg Steakhouse and Bar. One has been open at Tempe Marketplace for a while but I'd heard it was pricey so hadn't checked it out.

A friend suggested we do dinner there and, being a Type A, he made reservations. It was a Sunday night and the reservation was not needed but it did get us a nice corner table. The décor is very pleasant – dark wood, white linen tablecloths and fancy enough to be romantic but not overwhelmingly so.

I was immediately impressed with the menu as they offered to cook beef Blue Rare (Cool, blue, all the way through.) That is just how I like my cow! I ordered the Three Mushroom Sirloin (A perfectly grilled top sirloin with sautéed portabella,
shiitake and button mushrooms in a balsamic cream sauce, according to the menu). It was quite yummy and came with a loaded potato. My friend had the Prime Rib and that was also good.

The prices were not outrageous except for the wine list. I felt there were too few selections below the $30 range. But then I'm used to BevMo! so I am pretty spoiled.

The only knock I would give is on the service. Our server was pretty young and his performance was competent but he kept calling us "guys". Yeah, not what you want to call a couple when one is, in fact, not a guy.

We went back the next night (don't ask me why) and checked out the bar. Now, that was a bargain. They had happy hour pricing. We each had two big beers (I had Blue Moon) and split a set of Keg Sliders (Three mini prime rib burgers with Swiss cheese, honey BBQ sauce and Bleu cheese sauce.) The sliders were delish and our bill was about $20. Not bad for a nice place like that and it was definitely enough to satisfy our dinner urges.

I imagine we will be going back, especially as it's very close to my house.

Popular posts from this blog

This Is How Fat Thinks

In Memory of My Mom

Good Time