NCAA Men's Tourney - Day 1

Man, what a great day for college hoops!

So many close games, so many unforeseen (by some) upsets. It was just plain fun to watch!

The day started out with me going 4 for 4. That's right, I picked Old Dominion and Murray State. Woot!

I sent a text message in the afternoon to The Rocket Scientist to see if he wanted to meet up at the Vine. He replied, "Any occasion?" I wanted to reply, "Duh" but I'm too nice so I just said to watch NCAA.

We had a fun time. The games were hugely entertaining. I was watching over his head on regular TV and he was watching the Hi-Def behind me. I tried not to give anything away because I was 3 seconds ahead but I wasn't always successful.

I could hear a guy behind me cheering for the same teams as I was. He stopped by on the way to the bathroom to verify our picks. I told TRS, "See how fun this is? You get to talk to strangers!" Oddly, he didn't seem that excited about the prospect. ;-)

The most confusing part was keeping track of the jerseys. I was watching Tennessee and San Diego State and rooting for Tennessee in white while I was watching Wake Forest and Texas and rooting against Texas in the white. Then, it was Montana and New Mexico where I was back rooting for the white of New Mexico.

The good news is I ended up 13-3 and am in the lead in our Parrot Head bracket. I'm actually in third in my work bracket because some dude has two teams and they're both 15-1. Seriously, how is anyone 15-1 at this point? More good news for me, I haven't lost a team that I picked to win another game so the damage is quite minimal at this point.

The other good news is that Steven and I are in a squares game where you score for matching the last digit of the winning and losing teams on every game. We (and by we, I mean I) both put in $20 for 4 squares and have already won $5 each. I will net any winnings he gets against my payment for his buy in, have no fear about that.

I have no confidence that my luck will continue so I'm just enjoying the moment. But, man, those were some fun games!

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020