Not Sure What I Was Thinking

I am a Diet Pepsi addict. The first thing I do in the morning is pop open a soda and I steadily drink it all day and night long. I tried to quit soda years ago and got a severe migraine so I decided to live with my addiction. I really like soda and I find water incredibly boring so it was an easy choice.

However, I've been reading all the diet literature and it seems to be consistent in saying that even diet soda is bad for your weight loss attempts. Besides the chemicals, it makes you crave sweets more. For that reason alone, I should give it up.

I've also found since I restarted my organic veggie delivery that my grocery store trips are generally for one reason - I'm out of soda. I end up buying crap I don't need just because I'm at the store.

So, Saturday morning found me without soda in the house and I decided I might as well quit cold turkey. I really didn't want to go to the grocery store as I had plenty of other errands to run.

About lunch time, I realized I was quite thirsty (this is after drinking 2 pints of water) so I hit the Mickey D's drive thru for a hamburger and I got a Diet Coke. OK, maybe I wasn't ready for cold turkey.

That night as The Rocket Scientist and I were between festivities, we stopped at his house and I grabbed a Diet Pepsi out of his fridge. As I savored that first taste I said, "I can't believe I want to give this up." Soooo good.

However, I have been free of the soda since then. No headaches. A little tired but that could have been from my insomnia bout last night (awake every hour from 3:30 on). We'll see how it goes. I'm already pretty sick of water but I have some oranges at home so I'm going to throw some slices in to make it more palatable.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020