Fierce Kitty

There were fireworks at Tempe Town Lake last night and I wondered how George would react to them. I live close enough to both hear and see them so I knew she would be interested, at least.

The first few explosive pops went off and she tensed up and started growling. Her usual, very low, "please don't notice that I'm growling" growl but a growl, nonetheless.

I opened the front door and lifted her up so she could see over the trees. I think she was less interested in the lights and more interested in the neighbors who were out by the pool next to my condo. She kept up a steady growl and made it known she wanted me to put her down.

I did and closed the door so she sat at the front window and growled and growled and growled until the fireworks were over. I'm sure that in her pea sized kitty brain, they stopped because of fear of her. In reality, her growling was so quiet, I couldn't hear it from more than 10 feet away.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020