He's Just Not That Nice!

So, Tracy, The Rocket Scientist and I were sitting in a family restaurant in Ogden, UT on a Saturday morning. Right in the middle of Familyville.

They had a turkey sandwich on the menu so I ordered it up since I don't really do breakfast foods. It was yummy! It came with a little side of cranberry sauce that I spread on the sandwich like butter. Awesome!

There was enough left over to eat with a spoon. I was so excited that I was getting a little dessert. In fact, you would probably say I was like a kid on Christmas morning about it. Yes, I was that excited.

That's when TRS said, "There's probably high fructose corn syrup in that."

Arghhhhhhh! Instant deflation. I felt devastated like he told me there was no Santa Claus. I looked at the cranberry then back up at his so proud of himself face and it just came out.

"Eff you!"

Only, I didn't say eff.

Of course, at the very moment I uttered those words, the young teenage boy who had been sitting in the table next to us was walking by. Tracy saw him whip his head around to stare at me. I'm guessing he doesn't hear that phrase that much.


The Face of Pure Evil

So, not only did TRS have the satisfaction of ruining my dessert (I didn't eat it), he got me to curse in front of a kid. In frakking Utah. He was sooooooo proud of himself.

But, that's not the end of the story.

On Sunday morning, Tracy, Scott, TRS and I were at a Denny's in Park City, UT. Not quite as Familyville as Ogden but still in Utah. We'd gotten to bed around 1 AM and our hotel neighbors had a screaming kid up before 7 AM. I was very tired.

The hostess asked if we wanted a booth or a table. She was told booth. I was leaning on TRS' shoulder and said, "We need a booth so I can nap with my head on your shoulder." I said it while resting my head on his shoulder.

He immediately told the hostess, "Table."

I immediately told him, "Eff you." Of course, I didn't say eff.

At least there were no children around.

We got a booth, by the way. And, I did rest my head on his shoulder while we were sitting there.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020