That's My Name, Don't Wear It Out

My parents have a water leak in their shower. It's been there forever and my Dad finally decided to get it taken care of. I told him to call Goat because I knew Goat would do a good job on the repair and would tell him if it was out of his realm.

So, Shorty called Goat at home and got the answering machine. He left a message that went something like this, "Hello, this is Shorty, Kathleen Pfister's Father...." Tammy and Goat came home and checked their messages and, apparently, both of them had to stop and think about who this "Kathleen" person was.

Goat was so tickled by it all that he had to call me while I was at work. Me, "Hello?" Goat, "Well, hello, KATHLEEN. How is KATHLEEN today?" He decided that our relationship should all be prim and proper now since he's using my formal name. Whateva.

It didn't stop there, though. He's been lobbying everyone else to call me Kathleen, too. So, I'm getting Facebook comments and a few verbal ones as well. It's too hard for them to remember it since I've been going by Kathy since 8th grade and I have two other nicknames that are frequently used (Princess and Mrs. Robinson).

I'm guessing the fad will soon pass. In the meantime, it doesn't bother me a bit. It is actually my name, after all.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020