Book Review - War Dances

War DancesWar Dances by Sherman Alexie

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I've been a fan of Alexie's for years. Every time he comes to town, I want to go see him but somehow don't then regret it for months. Maybe I'm worried he won't live up to my view of him. I'm not worried that his writing won't live up to my expectations, though.

War Dances is a collection of short stories divided by poems. Each one resonates with so much truth that I wonder how much is autobiographical. I suspect he's just that great of a writer.

My favorite stories were War Dances, The Senator's Son and The Ballad of Paul Nonetheless. The protagonists of the last two stories didn't engender much sympathy but the stories were very compelling.



View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020