New TV

I started watching some of this season's new shows. Well, this mid-season is probably technically correct. I've become pretty ruthless at adding new shows because I already watch way too much TV so something has to hook me after two or three episodes or I'm done.

Like with The Cape. Oy vey, was that bad! I had high hopes for it, too. It just never got good at all so I dumped it. I think Steven even dumped it and he's the graphic novel junkie in the family.

The Chicago Code, however, was just as good as I thought it would be. It was created by Shawn Ryan who also did Terriers which was a fantastic show that should never have been canceled. It's a cop show with a large ensemble cast but the main characters are the Superintendent of the Police Force (Jennifer Beals), a know it all but doesn't follow the rules detective (Jason Clarke) and a corrupt (aren't they all in Chicago?) Alderman (Delroy Lindo). Those three are all good but Lindo is especially so. I hope this lasts more than a season.

I've never seen Being Human on BBC but I couldn't resist watching the U.S. version. How could I not when the three main characters are a vampire, a ghost and a werewolf? It took me a couple of episodes to get hooked but I'm in. This week's episode was so awesome, I can't wait for next week. The leads are all interesting by Mark Pellegrino (Jacob from Lost) is the most compelling character for me. He's the leader of the vampires and has committed and ordered some truly evil acts yet I think his motives are pure (for a blood sucking vampire). He's just trying to keep the family together.

The final new show that stayed in my rotation is Mr. Sunshine. Man, I really wanted this to be great and the first few episodes were far from it. However, I've warmed up to the characters and absolutely love Allison Janney's scene stealing work. She's just laugh out loud funny. Nate Torrence is great, too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020