CD Review - A Bar Down In Mexico

I got the latest Mark Mulligan CD on Sunday and it's been playing nonstop in my car ever since.

I gotta tell you, there's not a miss in the bunch. Each time it ends, I have a different song stuck in my head. And not unpleasantly stuck.

Sure, you're thinking, "Mark's her bud so what else would she say?" But, remember, I'm the one who told him he sucked so I think that gives me street creds here on the sincerity.

The songs are a mixture of happy bar songs and, especially poignant to us with Adela's passing, love songs.

One song really brings the emotional level up, especially with what's been going on lately. It's About Time came to Mark when he was out on his kayak thinking about his life. He realized that he was living in a fantastic place with a wonderful family but he kept having to leave to chase a buck in the US. That's when he decided to re-prioritize and spend more time at home.

This is the part of the song that sums it up for me:

It's about time, it's about family
It's about good friends
It's about all the things that money just can't buy
It's about love, it's about faith
'Cause that's all that you're gonna take
When you leave this world behind

I'm finding words to live by in that.

I encourage everyone to pick up a copy of the new CD at Mark's website. And remember, music piracy is evil so fork over the $15 for karma's sake.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020