Still a Small Town

Despite being one of the biggest cities in the US, Phoenix is still a small town. It seems like everyone knows everyone else.

As Doona and I were waiting at Will Call for the Stones, I saw one of our club members, Dave. Dave joined the club because of Pab - they used to work together. Pab is Doona's sister. Coincidence? Or, just evidence as to our small towness? (If towness is even a word.)

After that, I was pretty much convinced I was going to see someone else I knew so I kept my eyes open. When we got inside, Doona introduced me to a couple of guys from her Event Planners group. I kept looking at one of them and thinking, "I know this guy."

After running his name and face through my mental database, I came up with the answer. It was Randy who managed the Hilo Hattie's that used to be in Tempe. He used to do stuff with our club and I haven't seen him in a couple of years. Turns out that Doona's known him even longer but hadn't realized the Parrot Head connection.

It's incidents like these that keep me from completely misbehaving around town. There's just too much of a chance that someone will catch me in the act who either knows me or knows someone who knows me.

Maybe moving to Oregon wouldn't be a bad thing...at least, I'd have a little while to act up before everyone knew my name.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020