Happy Thanksgiving!

I was talking to two work buds this week about Thanksgiving. They're both around my age, married and with kids. I asked them if they've ever hosted Thanksgiving. The answer was once between the two of them. Their parents and in-laws do the hosting duties. I'm sure at some point, we'll all be carrying on the tradition when our folks are too old (or too tired or wise up enough to realize there's a lot less work involved when it's not at your house) but for now it's off to the folks'.

I just called Steven to ask his ETA at my parents'. We try to time it so we get there close to each other so we have each other to entertain us. (Could I put the word 'we' any more times in that sentence?) He told me he was on the way to the grocery store for Shorty because he didn't have enough butter.

Being Steven, he tried to get out of it when Shorty called him. "Why don't you ask my Mom to do it?"

Apparently, Shorty replied, "She's too old."

Huh.

Normally, I would be all over someone who called me "too old". Especially, if it were coming from a 72 year-old. However, if it gets me out of a Thanksgiving Day trip to the store, I'll take it.

Hope everyone has a great day today (especially Julie who has to work)!

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020