Clearly Challenged

I am notorious at losing my car...airports, shopping malls, they're all bad. I really, really try to note where I am but it never seems to help.

There were 100,000 people at PIR yesterday. That's a lot of people and a lot of cars in a very big parking lot. I was actually pretty proud of myself that I got there without getting lost. The only time I've driven there, I was following someone so I didn't really pay attention.

I came in on Estrella and parked. As I was walking towards the raceway, I looked back and made a mental note of the parking lot sign, Butterfly 2. It was quite far from the track but I thought I had it marked in my brain.

After the race, I started the trek to my car. Traffic leaving PIR is horrible. Lots and lots of people all in a rush to leave. I walked by a couple of signs: Estrella 2, Mountain 2, Palm Tree 2.

I thought I was on track but then things stopped looking familiar. I must have walked up and down 30 aisles between all of the sections without spotting my car or Butterfly 2. By this time, it was getting dark and harder to see. Not good.

After 1/2 hour, I flagged down a pedicab guy and asked him where Butterfly 2 was. He told me there was no such section. Frak!

I stopped a couple of people at their cars and asked them what time they got to PIR. Based on their answers, I narrowed my search a bit. No luck. Then, I started walking with two guys and, as we were discussing our stalking experiences (us being the victims in this case) they told me that if I came in on Estrella around 10 AM I was on the far edge of the parking lot.

I trekked out to the edge. No car.

At this point, I was thinking I was going to have to go back up to the track and flag down a cop or track official and admit that I was one of those idiots who lost their car. It has to happen there a lot. I was even sober so I really had no excuse.

Finally, I stopped another pedicab. This guy told me if I came in on Estrella and made the first right, I should be near Estrella 2. I headed back up there and, Praise God, stumbled upon my car.

It was right under the sign, Mountain 2.

Mountain. Butterfly. Not even close.

I swear I shouldn't be let out of the house without supervision.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020