Not Funny

Sunday is the last race of the season. Jimmie needs to finish 12th or better to claim the championship.

I was talking to Kevin, one of my work buds, on the phone and he said, "Jimmie's going into the wall." I replied, "I'm not talking to you anymore." Then, I hung up on him.

That's not even funny. The racing gods hear stuff like that and they'll zing you. They'll also zing you if you're over-confident and declare a victory ahead of time. So, I'm just keeping quiet about the whole thing and hoping I don't throw up during the race from nervousness.

There are two people in my life that know, exactly, what buttons to push to send me over the edge. Sugar Daddy and T, another work bud. Sugar Daddy doesn't usually push the buttons but T absolutely delights in doing so.

T found out about the wall comment and has run with it. He's snuck little messages into our phone conversations. I'll say, "Talk to you later" and he'll very quickly through in a "Jimmie's going to crash" before he hangs up.

This afternoon, he went over to Kevin (who works for him) and "made" him call me and say "Jimmie's going to crash" then hang up. Kevin called me back a few minutes later to say he didn't really mean it but was forced to do it.

I told T he better hope that Jimmie wins because otherwise there will be two less Marketing employees come Monday (really, is that a big loss?). He's not taking me seriously, though.

A few minutes later, Sugar Daddy called me. Yep, it was a "Jimmie's going to crash" hangup call.

I IM'd T and told him, "If one more person calls me, you are a dead man. And, I mean today."

I then walked over to my employees and said I would fire any of them if T got them to call me with a Jimmie crash message. I think they might have taken me seriously.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020