Best. Driver. Ever.

In case you're not up on the Redneck news, Jimmie Johnson won his 4th consecutive Cup Championship on Nov. 22nd.

Frakking awesome!

I'm still flying. I've been a fan since the end of his rookie season and I couldn't have picked a better guy to root for. Great driver and a good guy. He and his wife (if only he had met me first...) are doing some wonderful charity work and, by all accounts, are decent humans.

The final race was pretty stressful. We had a happy hour at Margaritaville at 2 and the race started a little around 1:30. Margaritaville is clear across town so I hopped in the car right before the race started. Trying to listen to that and drive at the same time was a challenge. Especially, since there was an Ironman race in my hood which made a mess of traffic. I was equally worried about JJ wrecking and me wrecking as it took me nearly 15 minutes to get to the freeway which is a mile from my house.

I managed to get to Margaritaville without incident and then had to rely on my phone for race updates. I was really trying not to be one of those people who are always checking their phones (even though I am) so I only checked every few minutes. Then every minute. Then pretty much constantly.

Somehow, I had it in my head that the race was only 197 laps so I got very excited at 190 because JJ was around 5th. He only needed to finish 25th to take the Cup. The lap count went up past 197 and I was flustered. Doh! Not 197 laps, more like 267. My stress level increased as the afternoon waned. It didn't help that my friend Thom would look at his phone then announce, "Jimmie crashed" every once in a while.

It was finally over and the Cup was Johnson's! I celebrated then relaxed as the race tension left me. It became a very relaxing day at that point.

Monday morning came and I was still celebrating. I wore a Jimmie Johnson shirt and jacket to work accessorized by my 48 socks and silver 48 earrings. It was a sexy look. At least in my mind. To continue celebrating, I kept the earrings in until this morning. I thought one week was sufficient to show my support.

I can now focus on football but I'm sooooo looking forward to Daytona and Jimmie working on his 5th Championship!

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020