Holiday Niceness

The managers on our floor are getting together on Friday to make breakfast for our employees. We're not only cooking, we're ponying up the dinero for the fixings, too. I think it's a nice thing to do and this is the first year they've invited I.T. to participate. My boss is out of town so it was up to me whether to join in. I told the planner, "Just tell me what to do and when and I'll do it."

I got an email from her with the list of assignments and items to supply. My assignment was plates, utensils and cups.

Score! I got the bachelor items. Apparently, my reputation for non-domesticity has fully spread and I'm not unhappy about that at all.

My Princess reputation was reinforced as I made two of my buds go to Costco today at lunch to pick up the aforementioned items. The problem with Costco is that I needed to get stuff to serve about 80 people and everything was geared to serving several hundred. I grabbed a huge bag of plates and napkins and made each of the boys carry a 500 pack of plastic utensils (forks and knives separately boxed). We got to the endcap and I saw a box of 100 each of knives, forks and spoons so I made one of the boys put back the forks and knives. Then, I looked at the other endcap and saw prepackaged plates, napkins and bowls in a lovely Holiday pattern. After hemming and hawing, I made the same boy put back the napkins and plates and pick up two sets of the Holiday stuff. When we got back to the office, I also got him to help me carry everything upstairs, too. That will teach him to invite himself to crash my standing Tuesday lunch date.

We're starting to cook everything at 7 AM but no one expects me to be there that early. I could have gotten out of all cooking but I said I would relieve someone when I got in which will probably be around 9. I think I'll be able to handle scrambling some eggs. That's probably all I'll be up for as I have a Holiday cocktail party to go to on Thursday night where, rumor has it, a lot of wine will be consumed.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020