Not The Best Way To Start The Day

This morning was the "Cook Breakfast for Our Staff" day and I wanted to be in early to help out with that. I also have an outstanding fire to put out at work so I wanted to be in even earlier than early to address that before cooking.

Despite attending a Holiday party with New Dude last night that was followed by a nightcap at The Keg that was followed by some quality time at my house and several wake-ups for kitty lovings from George, I was up and in the shower by 7 this morning. That's very early for me. It was even before my paper got delivered so I bypassed that task and just got ready for work. I got one work related call at home that took a few minutes but I still managed to be out the door at 8 AM. That's unheard of in my world.

As I was driving down the 202, I visualized my day. I like to have the picture in my head before I get to the office so I can hit the ground running. However, there was something missing from the picture. I looked over at my passenger seat and didn't find what should have been there - my Mac.

Yeah, kind of need a computer for work what with being in I.T. and all. Dammit!

I turned around at 52nd St (which is one exit before my work exit) and headed home. George was so excited to see me! She was not so excited when I ran in, grabbed the Mac from the dining room table and ran out again.

Ultimately, I got in to work at my usual time, crammed in a bunch of important messages and was too late to do any breakfast cooking as they were finishing up by the time I got over there.

Oh, well. At least I tried.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020