Ships and Dip 4 - The Music: Boothby Graffoe

Boothby Graffoe is so effing brilliant that I'm half way in love with him and haven't actually met him. He's an unbelievably good raconteur. His storytelling is enhanced by his British accent and wit and he's a very good guitarist as well.

He opened each Barenaked Ladies concert, hosted a wine tasting and was featured in the Songwriters in the Round. The concert openings were good, the wine tasting not so much for him. Apparently, the cruise ship guy in charge thought he was going to be able to teach people about wine without realizing this was a rowdy group of drinkers there to see Boothby. Let's just say he didn't appreciate Boothby's humor at all.

The Songwriters event was right after the wine tasting and Boothby inserted a line into one of his songs about the guy hating him. Funny, funny man.

I purchased Boothby Graffoe and The Following People from iTunes when I got home and it's hilarious! I'm glad I didn't listen to it at work because people would have thought I was loon since I was literally giggling and laughing out loud through the whole thing. Ballad of the Budgie is probably my favorite on the album. You really have to hear it to appreciate it.

What a treat it was to discover someone this entertaining.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020