Ships and Dip 4 - The Music: Great Big Sea

I knew I was going to like Great Big Sea when Blondie told me they're like an Irish drinking song band. I love the Irish. I love drinking. I love singing about drinking. It was a trifecta!

They're not actually Irish, though. They're from St. John, Newfoundland and lot of their songs are about the sea and are inspired by their home.

For trip preparation, I ordered Great Big CD from iTunes and listened to it several times before we left for the cruise. The most notable time while I was riding the shuttle at the DFW airport on my way home from Calgary. I was in my own little world and it was fantastic because I was done with travel (mentally) and wanted to be in a happy place. After hearing Donkey Riding, The Night Pat Murphy Died and Mari-Mac several times, I was in the happy place.

Great Big Sea was the big show on the first night of the cruise. They were very, very fun and energetic. That was good since the show started at 11PM.


Great Big Sea (I think that's Ed from BNL in the center)

I've since purchased their albums, Safe Upon the Shore and the Great Big Sea iTunes Session. Listening to them has gotten me through writing one performance appraisal, a lot of software testing and some very mundane work tasks.

Great band, great fun!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020